'The Angel Lady'
Angel Boards look a little like the controversial 'Ouija Boards' but that is really the only place where the similarity lies. Traditionally you include the letters A-Z and the words YES and NO. You can also include the numbers 1-9 and 0. With an Ouija board you would all place your fingers on a pointer or planchette (a word which translates to 'little plank') and ask the spirits to help you move the pointer around the board to spell out words.
With an angel board its probably easier to use a glass (as seen in the picture below), and of course you are asking for communication from your guardian angel. These beautifully decorated communication boards can be very successful in reaching out to your angels and guides...in my opinion. Like any 'psychic tool' you need to use care and a little common sense when you use them.
Angel Boards are decorated with images of angels and other beautiful pictures (flowers, pictures from nature etc). I made several of my own angel boards in the beginning.
I stuck pictures and letters right down onto card and then laminated them but you can also stick letters right down onto a table top (this is the original table mentioned in my book 'An Angel By My Side'; notice that there are cherub images stuck in each corner of the table. The table (or board) needs to be slippery so that your pointer or glass moves easily.
Angel Board Rituals and Preparation:
- When aiming to work with the highest levels of vibration I always made sure I was physically ready; that means I only used the boards when I felt well and healthy; and never when tired, drunk or (not that I ever would) under the influence of drugs of any kind.
- I found it helpful to create a ritual before and immediately after use (I explain how I personally did this in my book 'An Angel By My Side')
- Saying a prayer first of all
- Make it clear the sort of communication you are wanting (ie, saying something like; '...we would like to make contact with our guardian angels and spiritual guides; positive, loving and uplifting messages'.
- Adding a large piece of clear quartz crystal on the table whilst doing this - it helps to amplify the loving energy. The pink stone 'rose quartz' with it's unconditional loving energy is also lovely.
- Lighting a candle before starting as a representation of 'bringing in the light'. Blowing the candle out at the end to ritualistically close down the communication.
- We always infused frankincense aromatherapy oil into the room using an angel-decorated oil burner for maximum effect. 2 drops in water. This seems to keep the energy pure.
- We'd often 'smudge' the room first of all.
- Asking people seated around the table to imagine themselves surrounded by a white light 'of protection'. A traditional way to protect yourself from negative energies (think of being surrounded by a cloud).
- Ensuring that angel images were printed on the board and that angel figurines etc were placed around the room.
- Often flowers were included to reinforce the high energy.
- The board was always used in full daylight or a fully lit room.
An Angel 'Board'
using a normal
r use the angels and guides were always thanked.
Using an Angel Board:
For best results we had between 3-5 people sitting round the board. Each person placed one finger on the glass or pointer. I never used the phrase ...'is anybody there..?' because of course I never wanted to communicate with just anybody! So I always began by using a similar ritual to that described earlier. Then asking if we could speak to our loving guides or guardian angels.
Once the pointer begins to move, it's important to ask who is communicating. If at any point we were unhappy with the communication or the spirit communicating then I always asked politely for the spirit to leave. This usually happened right away but when necessary, I would ask for the Archangel Michael, the angel we usually see pictured with a sword, to escort the person away.
It is useful for someone to take notes of the session and any questions asked. You can direct your angel or guides to use the board in specific ways, for example, ask them to move the pointer or glass back to the middle after each word is spelt out.
It is normal for initial communication to have nonsense spelt out! If at any time we felt unhappy with the contact we simply closed down the board; blowing out the candle, thanking the angels for the positive messages and verbally saying goodbye.
Staying ‘Safe’ using an Angel Board:
THINGS I ALWAYS KEEP IN MIND
It's not unsafe to use an angel board but many people feel that it might be. Just use with care in the same way you would be careful driving a car.
Remember you are working with the light; positive and loving messages from the other side.
YOU are in control at all times - or you should be! If you don't feel that you are then stop using the board.
Remember that you have your own lives to live. Don't ask your angels to solve every problem.
Using angel boards feels addictive - you want to ask the answer to everything...don't be tempted.
If you are not happy with the communicator ask them to go (see 'using an angel board for more details')
Treat your visitors with respect at all times (as you would any guest in your home.)
I can't tell you what to do or how to do it. This guide explains what happened to me. My suggestion is that for best results you should work with a trained medium but in the end, only you can decide on what works best for you.
For more information on how I used the angel board to communicate with my own guides and deceased loved ones, see my book: An Angel by my Side by Jacky Newcomb published by Harper Element.
Copyright Jacky Newcomb 2012 at www.JackyNewcomb.com
ABOUT JACKY NEWCOMB
Jacky Newcomb is a multi-award winning, Sunday Times and Amazon best selling author, angel and afterlife experiences expert. Jacky has appeared on Channel 5 Live with... and is a regular on ITV’s This Morning. Jacky is the angel columnist for Take-a-Break’s Fate & Fortune and regularly appears on radio and in the national press. www.JackyNewcomb.com
Submit Your Own Article